Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Holy Polar Vortex Batman!!

 
This view of our beautiful lawn has been under a thick blanket of white this winter.  The "Polar Vortex" was certainly a reality here at the Griffin Farm!!  Power outages, slick roads and very hungry coyotes that kept us on our toes, were just some of the issues we have been dealing with since last October!
 
 
In September of 2013, The French Hen Vintage and Collectibles re-opened in two locations in Rockville, IN.  This is a picture of my booth at Rockville's newest antique mall - Antiques on York.  My other booth is in my dream location - booth #4 at Aunt Patty's Antiques on the Rockville Town Square.  I have enjoyed everything about my vintage and collectibles business -- not the least of which is "pickin" for my sweet booths!!

 
In December, the Hen headed back to Florida - leaving the Rooster, Griff and Biscuit at the farm as the cold weather and snow continued.  It was a wonderful couple of weeks there, but I cut it short - missing home too much!!

 
During my Florida mini-vacation, my best friend Kathy and I went to St. Augustine for some shopping and lunch.  I met this sweet dog and his owner on one of the side streets.  Isn't he the cutest??

 
Last year and the beginning of this year, projects slowed for me - but I did manage to complete this lovely piece!  The window serves as a "frame" for some 1880 pages from a vintage book I got in 2013.  Amazing detail.
 

 
One highlight of 2013 was a visit to Rockville by Liz - also know as Junktion Alley, from Texas.  Liz is a powerhouse on Facebook (now over 115,000 fans and climbing as you read this) with upbeat and inspirational posts we all look forward to every day.  She has really guided me in my own Facebook journey, and helped me "grow" my own page.  Love her!!  We spent the day visiting my booths in Rockville, and then took a turn around the country, letting her see the covered bridges of Parke County.
 

 
Sweet Liz gave us these beautiful pumpkins, gourds and mums, which added such a festive fall touch to our yard.  Loved it!!

 
Buttons & Bows enjoyed her time with all of the sweet Rockville Kids.  Birthday parties, the annual REMC county meeting and the Grand Opening of the Rockville Sweet Shop (pictured here) were just a few of the fun times last year.  The annual "Cruise In" on our Historic Courthouse Square was also a huge success!!  Our MainStreet businesses make every season fun for the town and visitors alike.  So glad to be a part of this positive group of folks!!

 
No review would be complete without showing a couple of pictures of our farm, and the back gardens punctuated by lovely bushes, plantings and paths.  My husband is a true artist!!!

 
Our dog - Griff - pictured here relaxing with one of his favorite magazines (ha ha...I think he ended up eating it page by page).

 
We love the slow, easy pace of our life in Parke County!  So happy we both found the life we were looking for - together.

No comments: