Monday, January 21, 2013

Fluffing completed

I spent half a day restaging and "fluffing" my vintage and collectibles booth, The French Hen.  I added some new items, and removed others.  I am very excited about transforming items from plain, discarded pieces, to chippy, shabby and desirable decorative treasures.


I love antique clocks, and Dean and I have been collecting them for years!


I plan on using these vintage labels on different boxes, after shabby-ing them up with chalk paint!

 
This year, I'm also planning on having a section devoted to linens.  I have 60 vintage half aprons, and I'll enjoying hand washing and ironing each and every one of them. 
 
 
I wore one yesterday at the farm when I was making breakfast - and Dean noticed right away. 
Hey - I like Donna Reed!!

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I spent the day fluffing and adding to my booth to! I love those vintage labels, what a find and 50 aprons!!!!! Oh, people will love them!!

Carol

Harvest Moon said...

I got the aprons in a cardboard box. Only the ones pictured here were showing on top, but I remembered your comments about linens. I asked what the shop owner wanted for one. "One dollar". I decided to press on and ask if he'd give me a price for the whole box. When he said "$20" I was jumping up and down inside. Turned out there are 63 aprons all together. Thrilled!!